[Tango-L] [TangoDJ] DJ'ing with an Ipod

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Fri Feb 1 11:05:59 EST 2008

Sort of, but you have to become familiar enough that you don't make
mistakes.

You can set it up with multiple playlists, one for each orchestra/
style, like "1940s Di Sarli Tangos", or "D'Arienzo Waltzes".

Then, you can choose the playlist you want for the upcoming tanda.
Start playing on the song you want, and at the end click to choose the
next song if you dislike the preset order. As you come to the end of
the tanda, you can move to another playlist to trigger the curtain.

I would suggest a mini-mixer so you can handle volume adjustments with
a real knob. Possibly use two iPods so you can play one while fiddling
with the other.