[Tango-L] Your milonga secrets

Norman Tiber natiber at charter.net
Fri Dec 19 12:52:41 EST 2008

Mario,

You say , “fraid not...words and anal yses won't do it....dancing
will.” Are you suggesting that imitative learning is the only way to
learn to dance? Yes, ultimately everyone has to “dance it,” but good
dance teachers know that, while some people are primarily "imitative"
learners, others are "cognitive" learners and benefit greatly from
the “words and analysis.” Good teachers try to provide their students
with both. Understanding the difference between “double time” and
“syncopated” rhythms, can be the first step in learning to dance
these two very different rhythms to milonga music. This is not easy
to do.

On a personal note, If your use of “anal yses,”  in response to my
posting, was deliberate and not a typo, then I suggest you need to
find a good teacher; common courtesy
can be learned!

Norm