[Tango-L] Milong secrets ...duh

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 17:42:47 EST 2008

Mario, this is a narrow way of thinking.  Do you realize that some of the teachers you've praised on this list do not care for milonga?

We all have our own interpretations of the music.  How we hear the music ends up affecting us, whether we realize it or not.  People who write the music for movie soundtracks know that.  What moves some people may not move others.  That is why tango is an art, not a sport.

I just think people don't dance milonga as much because they don't get as much practice at it.  One tanda out of every 6, compared to 4 tandas out of 6 for tango.  Vals rhythm is something everyone, including novices, can easily recognize.  Milonga rhythm is not so easily recognized.

Milonga can be danced quite simply.  But there's nothing wrong with appreciating the care the masters of tango put into crafting their music.  Ask any musician, and they will tell you how much they appreciate it when people actually pay attention to their music.

Trini de Pittsburgh