[Tango-L] obsession with nuevo

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 05:26:34 EST 2008

Trini, here.  It appears to me that underlying the acceptance of certain forms of tango is this feeling that people are too stupid or lazy to want to do better forms of tango.  No rules or judgements.  I don't believe that.  I believe that if people are informed, then they can make decisions that are right for them.  However, it would be wrong to also tell them "hey, that's good tango" when it isn't.  I also believe that people are able to put a value on their time and their hobbies and that they can be somewhat realistic about their dance if they are informed.

I feel sorry for those who are mislead.  Because they are not really given a choice and they are automatically limited by others in the level of dancing they can reach.  It's being given A CHOICE that's important.  Leaving people ignorant is not giving them a choice.

When I'm dealing with a "problem" person, in some way I convey to them that I'd love for them to surprise me or prove me wrong.  Sometimes they do to their delight, as well as, mine.

Trini de Pittsburgh