[Tango-L] Melina´s_DJing_Primer

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Fri Aug 15 12:11:22 EDT 2008

Hey all,

after I've been away for a couple of days, I was quite surprised by
the personal attacks and complaints to my DJing article, that was
posted by Andreas.

Just to specify:
- The article was written and published in April 2006 in the
Tangodanza magazine. While travelling, I was encountering a lot of
Milongas without proper DJing. This inspired my to write a few lines.
  - The article was not meant to be patronizing but as a help or
guideline for aspiring DJs or Tango-scenes without a DJ. Quite a few
tango-organizers and DJs thanked me for my efforts.
- Yes: Pugliese was much "hipper" then, as he is now. Today, I would
not rank him so high, but he is still one of the masters of dramatic
Tango. One Tanda of Pugliese at the high point of the evening can
surely be no mistake. No need to insult me.

That's it.

Bye,

Melina

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel