[Tango-L] Open/crossed step uses?

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:11:05 EDT 2008

Chris,

     Not sure I understand what you mean by "sacada" being a term of description rather than the name of a step. I always thought of a sacada as a step where one person displaces the foot (being lifted) of the other as they take a step. Surely there are many possible sacadas, so perhaps it would be better to say "sacada" is a category of steps, and you have to add more information to actually "name" a given step - "leader's right sacada on follower's trailing left foot as she does a right forward ocho." But how is this different than "ocho" as a name of a step, since there are likewise several different versions. Maybe we're playing with words, but if you could elaborate a bit on what you mean...