[Tango-L] How to lead volcadas

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Tue Aug 5 05:29:00 EDT 2008

> Larry, to avoid the confusion you're obviously feeling, I would
> respectfully suggest that you try to keep up with the modern
> terminology. ... you spent an hour checking 30 videos on YouTube and
> found none that described the basic Volcada as you think it is. Didn't
> that tell you something? Jack

What it tells us Jack is that some people have got the idea that one
particular predefined sequence is the only thing that is called volcada...
because that's the only volcada that those particular people are learning
or teaching in class, and featuring in the promo videos you see.

Volcada is a description. In real dancing, there are countless different
volcadas. The word refers to any move that meets the description. Only in
the world of paint-by-numbers tango classes does anyone mistake the word
for the name of a single sequence.

--
Chris