[Tango-L] Leading with hands

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 19:18:10 EDT 2008

Let's be more specific.  It's not the use of the hands that's the problem.  It's the TIMING.  It's when the man is impatient and doesn't respect my timing that I feel that he's pushing or pulling me, even if he is trying not to use his hands.  Imagine a hoola-hoop being placed around the woman, if the man tugs on the hoop before she is ready to move, she's going to feel pulled.  If the man tugs on the hoop when she is moving, she's not going to feel pulled.  So it's not the use of the hands.  It's about listening to your partner and sensing when she is ready to move.

Trini de Pittsburgh