[Tango-L] Update on saving the Tango-L archives

Martin Waxman martin at waxman.net
Fri Aug 1 16:15:52 EDT 2008

Below is my current correspondence with U of Oregon.
We might be able to save the archives.

From: "Jon K. Miyake" <miyake at uoregon.edu>
To: Martin Waxman <martin at waxman.net>, sghuter at uoregon.edu
Subject: Re: Tango-L Archive

I (Marty)wrote:
Jon,
Does a backup of the Tango-L archive exist on
backup tapes or servers?
If so, perhaps it can be transferred to another
host that Tango group can set up.
I would hate to lose all that history.
Thanks for any help or info you can provide.

Jon replied:
If necessary it can probably be archived as a
tar or zip file and made available.

But as I am not the administrator for the
system nor familiar with how the archive is
being made available this is only technical
speculation on my part.

My colleague, who is responsible for the system
hosting pythia.uoregon.edu, has Lucy Lynch's current
contact information.
I forwarded your initial request to him to pass
along to Lucy.  He has been cc'd on this e-mail as well.