[Tango-L] No need to take sides

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 00:22:46 EDT 2008

I disagree with most of what Lois Donnay wrote in her latest message and was
planning a response until I saw that Sergio had already replied and said most
of what I was also going to say.
I quite often assist my teacher in her classes and my experience is that most
beginner students are happier and more comfortable learning in an open embrace.
Once they gain some confidence and experience, it becomes quite natural to
progress to a close embrace, if they so choose. This is also my experience from
many classes in BsAs and I think that to do it the other way around would be
problematic.
I now realise that Lois' post was just another veiled attempt to criticise those
who do not dance tango in the style that she prefers.
Jack