[Tango-L] gender imbalance

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Apr 28 14:51:25 EDT 2008

Astrid wrote:
> If the woman dares to let it be known she is not 100%
> satisfied and deeply impressed with his dancing skills, the usual
> pattern is that the man will go find someone more easily impressed and
> gloat in front of the one who dared to think otherwise.

Well, they're in dire need of an attitude change if they want to improve
- but who will teach them? Certainly not the more easily impressed followers.

I know there are bound to be some incorrigible ones that aren't the Right
Stuff, but if there are too many men with that attitude, some of them
probably don't know any better and just mimic their peer leaders
(and will do so until someone manage to change that attitude little by
little).

I also happen to think it all depends on exactly how a woman dares to
let it be known she is not 100% satisfied. Porteñas have a knack at
making you understand without telling you.

Hitting someone else with The Cluebat, sadly, is usually not something
that works, especially not when egos can be bruised easily. It doesn't
even work with me (except when someone *hands* me the cluebat, after
which I can retreat and hit myself with it in private ;) ).

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>