[Tango-L] gender imbalance

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Mon Apr 28 14:30:40 EDT 2008

> I've *taught* my dance partner that it's also her responsibility to
> make me improve - by refusing to accept anything that doesn't feel
> right and to *always* tell me when something doesn't feel right.

Yes, but that is your dance partner.
The men who ask a woman to dance at a milonga do not usually want to be told
anything. If the woman dares to let it be known she is not 100% satisfied
and deeply impressed with his dancing skills, the usual pattern is that the
man will go find someone more easily impressed and gloat in front of the one
who dared to think otherwise.
The ones who have a little more humility are the ones that have the stuff to
become better dancers, because improving takes a certain amount of patience
and receptivity.