[Tango-L] weight change

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 10:58:35 EDT 2008

Floyd,

I haven't had a chance to read your lengthy posts,
lately.  However, last week, someone posted that your
video (seeing you dance) suggests ... whatever ...
about your teaching.

My comment to that is, "Yeah, right!"  How many times
have I sat and watched and commented to an advanced
follower, "Hey, he looks pretty good.", and get the
reply, "Not really.  He throws me around."

I wrote something similar to that a couple of months
ago and someone wrote back saying something like, "It
takes advanced skill to be able to see ..."

In my opinion, some of the greatest aspects of a
leader's dance cannot be seen as well as they can be
felt.

I didn't respond, last week.  But, now, it seems like
a good time.  Your recent posts, like other posts, are
insiteful.  And, I agree.  A leader can change weight
umteen times without leading the follower to change
weight.  How many times have we leaders done a back,
side, front while leading the follower to just take a
back step?  I agree.  The follower's weight change is
led.

I agree that, in open embrace, newer followers will
look down and take extra unled steps.

I just wanted to say that I do intend, when I find the
time, to go back and read through your posts.  They
are insiteful.