[Tango-L] Buffalo's Ladies Only lesson report.

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Fri Apr 25 08:27:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:52:50 -0400, you wrote:

>Floyd Baker wrote:
>> Another multiple lead would be to start the follower back on her right foot but then to cross your left foot behind you so it ends up to the right of your right foot.  This would give the follower a lead to the back and to her left too, _thereby throwing her off balance_.   Her right foot ending up to the left of her left foot.
>> [emphasis mine]

>Aha, the famous Falling Down technique... Floyd, how does this square
>with your "she gets to dance by herself" bit?

I hope people see what I mean about choosing words very correctly on
Tango-L?    :-)

Still, I don't understand you're 'falling down technique'.   That's a
new one on me.

Do you understand the off-balance idea at all?   How about if I said
'led off axis'.     Still nothing?

As for squaring..?  It squares very well...  She gets to do it to
herself by following the two simultaneous, usually contradictory,
leads coming at her.  They are multimple leads so she must do both at
once, by herself...   But then she catches herself too...  Again, all
by herself...  Because the follower could follow and had confidence in
the leader....

Tango on.

Floyd...

>Jake

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *