[Tango-L] Milonga Codes

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed Apr 23 05:25:00 EDT 2008

> Beginners should be taught the line of dance.

How about: Beginners should learn the line of dance.

> Beginners should be taught that tango has pauses.

Beginners should learn that tango has pauses.

The essential objective of education is not teaching, but learning.

> How will beginners learn about tandas and cortinas?

Listen.

> about the cabeceo?

Look.

The essential /process/ of education is not teaching, but learning.

--
Chris

PS Mario asked:

> I'm just a newbie but I'm glad I didn't spend time and money in this
> class. I'm not knocking the teachers..they are working their butts
> off..but gee whiz is this what it's all about?

It's what in Europe is called Line Dancing...

A.k.a. Crackpot Tango Teaching Method #4. Thankfully it's dying out.