[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Sat Apr 19 10:05:25 EDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:03 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>> why do these problems NOT occur in the milongas of BsAs and, IMHO, the
>> answer is obvious. The codes of the milonga prevent it.
>
>This is a misunderstanding. The codes of BA milongas prevent nothing. They
>are simply a description of prevalent behaviour.
>
>> cabaceo should be encouraged even if everybody knows everybody else.
>> Clearing the floor during the cortina should be encouraged. Not dancing
>> consecutive tandas with the same partner should be encouraged.
>
>"Should be encouraged" how and by whom, exactly??

The owner of the establishment or whoever runs the dance and hires the
dj...

Give orders to the dj being do not start a new tanda until the floor
is clear.   Just do a second cortina, and a third if necessary until
everyone starts looking at the couple(s) still standing.   Make notice
of this known...

Or one could create areas of seating or standing similar to smoking
and no smoking.

Cabeceo Only and Tango Hogs....  For each gender...  :-)

>> the ladies will need equal education on the use of the cabaceo.
>
>Uh oh. Next it'll be milonga etiquette instructional placemats again...

Good idea...  When I mentioned the KISS method for teaching, in an
earlier post, people asked me what that meant.  New generations and
other cultures need to be informed..  <g>

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *