[Tango-L] Nuevo Tango Bashing

Martin Waxman martin at waxman.net
Fri Apr 18 15:13:31 EDT 2008

At 01:52 PM 4/18/2008, David Thorn wrote:
>I am in my 60s and dance close embrace.... Now can we drop the
>arrogant b at tching & whining and get on with anything that adds value
>to the discussions on this list rather than just wastes bandwidth?  Please?

David,
I hope that youngsters like you eventually understand that there is
no wasted bandwidth.
As you grow much, much, much older and get to be my age, you will
hopefully find out that there is something to be learned from every
post -- even if it's to reject the post as uninformed nonsense.
So, I believe the threads are all useful in some way.

By the way, I also dance close embrace, and encourage it at the
weekly, all level, afternoon practica I host on the east side of
midtown Manhattan in New York City.
I do not insist that attendees also dance close embrace -- they can
practice whatever style they want.
However, I do announce that even though it is a practica, keeping the
ronda is essential.
That's so they also practice for the real world of the milonga.

Marty