[Tango-L] Nuevo Tango Bashing

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:52:53 EDT 2008

I am in my 60s and dance close embrace.  When I go out to dance, I wear overpriced wool slacks and overpriced conservative dress shirts.  I am not sure that I know what "cargo pants" are.  Sometimes I wear a tie.  I am slightly overweight and have gray hair.  Long live the old fogies.  But even I absolutely do not understand the value added to essentially ANY of the discussions here on Tango-L by the whiners who constantly b at tch about bad nuevo dancers.  Grow up and get a life!!

I have seen great traditional dancers (e.g. Ricardo Vidort).  They are graceful and lovely to watch!
I have seen great nuevo dancers (e.g. Fabian Salas).  They are graceful and lovely to watch!

I have seen excremental dancing by both traditional and nuevo dancers.  Mostly the bad nuevo dancers are young and look like they are having fun.  Mostly the bad traditional dancers are old and look like they need to change their Depends.  Now can we drop the arrogant b at tching & whining and get on with anything that adds value to the discussions on this list rather than just wastes bandwidth?  Please?

Respectfully,

D. David Thorn