[Tango-L] New "nuevo tango" Sacrifices Tradition and Grace

Martin Waxman martin at waxman.net
Fri Apr 18 09:48:03 EDT 2008

At 03:50 PM 4/17/2008, Joe Grohens wrote:
>Well, let's watch a traditional couple who really knows how to dance
>tango, and who are dressed properly. Keep your fire extinguisher
>handy. You may need a cold shower afterward.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKwI0I8xms&feature=related

I notice, on careful and slow viewing, that Osvaldo mostly dances flatfooted.

After those long and thoughtful discussions about toe first or heel
first, I propose a new thread.
I have carefully watched the "masters" and other great milongueros
arriving at milongas and changing their shoes (some wear their street shoes).
Is it put on left tango shoe first or right tango shoe first?
Which technique is better?

On to another important question.
On a side step, should you evert the free foot or not?

Marty