[Tango-L] once again

Amaury de Siqueira amaurycdsf at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 15:15:25 EDT 2008

Joe,

I am not quite sure about your statement. Would you
mind qualify a little better what you meant in your
statement: "tango was born in the brothels".

>From the little I know (and is literaly quite
little)the construct of tango's singularity (born in a
single place from a single group and a single economic
status)is as embarrassing as associating bananas with
South America.

Unknowingly, your associations (tango-brothel)is a
variation of the same cultural diconnect represented
in some variations of Nuevo Tango.

Cheers,
Amaury