[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not

Carol Shepherd arborlaw at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 16:07:24 EDT 2008

If a man who dances repeat tandas with the same woman is a "tango hog,"
is the follow who dances repeat tandas while there are surplus follows
who are not dancing (indeed, many have not danced a single tanda all
night) also a "tango hog"?

When I brought this topic up about having a hard time getting even a
single tanda when there are surplus follows (particularly because women
are discouraged from asking), -- the observations were:

A.  You obviously are not good enough.  If you were a good enough dancer
you would be asked even though there are many extra women.

B.  Be more physically attractive.

C.  Learn to lead (in your case, surplus men, it would be "learn to
follow"...and don't forget to make eye contact with those leaders out
there, so they will invite you to dance).

D.  Pick up and move yourself to another city.

So, overstocked-tanguero-dudes, that's my advice.

--
Carol Ruth Shepherd
Arborlaw PLC