[Tango-L] Why doesn't this happen in BA?

Tony tony at oakebooks.com
Wed Apr 16 15:43:27 EDT 2008

The phrase "Tango Hog" was used recently - someone who keeps a partner
on the dance floor for tanda after tanda.

I saw something like this happen once, let's say "Guy #1" is dancing
with an attractive girl for song after song, and Guy 2 wants a dance,
gets impatient and goes up to the pair on the dance floor, between
songs, and says something. Next thing I see the two guys arguing in the
kitchen about right etiquette.

I'm guessing there was nothing happening between guy #1 and the girl.
Even so, I don't think another dancer is really in a position to say
anything without looking a bit desperate. And surely if the girl was
unhappy she would have left the dance floor. I can see that a DJ being
outside of a situation like this has the chance to say something to
encourage changing partners (couples excepted of course), without
directing attention at any pair in particular, or whatever codes a
community decides on.

Tony

--
www.oakebooks.com/ezines/index.php