[Tango-L] snarky comments on Atlanta demo

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Thu Apr 10 02:07:23 EDT 2008

Keith,

I have absolutely no doubt that Tomas Howlin is a 'fine' dancer and if he ever visits HK,
I will certainly be in line to take lessons. I also have no doubt that that he can dance
circles around all the regular contributors to this List. But I was talking about students
being inspired and, for that, 'fine dancing' just won't do. What is the purpose of a
demonstration at a Tango Festival, if not to inspire the participants?

And, if you read my post to Nancy, I did refer to elegant, smooth, natural, effortless
dancing. That's what I want to see; I certainly don't want to see flash and dazzle show
dancing in this context.

Keith, HK

 On Thu Apr 10 12:43 , "Keith Elshaw"  sent: