[Tango-L] That awfully insulting metaphor

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Sat Apr 5 00:43:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:05:58 +1100, you wrote:

>Floyd Baker wrote:
> > A Maestro and Strad pairing is something many many people in the world
> > want to see and hear more of.   It's a wonderful combination of
> > harmony, co-operation and dedication....  Now if I had used bulldozer
> > and dirt, you'd have a reason to be upset, eh?   ;-/

>Actually, there are quite a few violin maestros who get very annoyed by
>the Stradivarius legend.

So what?   We're not talking violins.., are we?
This is a Tango list...  Stay on topic..

Although I do know it's hard to do with all the bad examples all
around you.   Snipes and snide remarks..  One liners ad nausium...

It's sad to say there are such people.  But if one missed or ignored
the true meaning and intent of what was said and intended in the
nicest of ways, they surely have no imagination at all.    It's also
doubtful they have any appreciation for anything loved, cared for,
inspiring or satisfying.  What a sad life that must be.

> In truth, there are violins being made today
>that are just as good as a Strad, and it's frankly insulting to the
>maestros when they hear people say "of course he sounds good, he has a
>Strad". No one can actually tell the difference between a Strad and a
>well-made copy.
>
>In the end, a Stradivarius is simply a passive instrument, and your
>metaphor suffers as a result.

>Perhaps you might consider using conductor and orchestra as a better one?

Why...  Because the maestros are alive?  But still the beauty does
come from their 'instruments' in the end.., doesn't it.   People just
have to face it..  That is if they claim to be dancing real Tango.
I hope most everone in this thread knows they are off topic.  Like
children taunting others...   Is everyone insecure?  Fearing they're
one of those cheaper fiddles and so making fun of everything ever
said, felt or known of the quality, beauty and worth of Strads...?

What's the problem folks?   Learn to accept other ways of looking at
the same thing, especially when it's to the same end...

Let me remind people for the sake of list sanity.., that email readers
can block single email addresses.   Mine or or anyone else's... It
matters not who you would block.   Everyone will at least then be able
to talk with those who are within their own sphere...  Back slappers,
dogged feminists, Tango dancers., or whatever other group there may
be...   And each group will then not have to be upset by those they
cannot abide.

Is anyone up to creating a killfile list to insure Tango-L discussions
are kept at being *Tango* discussions?   It doesn't really need to be
made public.  Each knows who they feel is expendable to them, eh?
Those excluded would be like a parallel universe.  ;-)  Complete with
outerspace astroids and all.

Just a thought.  But at least we should *try* to stay on topic, eh...?

Hugs to all...

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *