[Tango-L] Torso and the Clarity of the Lead

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Apr 4 23:44:53 EDT 2008

He gave me no space and was leading by
> twitching my back with his arm and hand. Then he started to try to
> "teach" me. Thank heavens I finally know enough spanish to say "stop
> 'leading' me that way and we will do just fine." He started to argue
> and I was ready to walk off the floor, but he calmed down and actually
> stopped tugging.

Haha, good one, Tara ! What did you say? "No me marqua, seramos mejor", or
something like that? (my conjugation skills in Spanish are still a bit
limited)
I still remember the day when I finally managed to make that little new
teaching assistent stop patronising me who would give me mediocre dances at
the milongas and then always finish every dance with telling me (aping what
his boss said during lessons) : "Muy bien!". I asked a friend for advice,
and told him:" Eres mejorando", ('you are getting better') and gave him an
approving smile. He never tried that again. ; )