[Tango-L] Walking to the cross

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 14:02:43 EDT 2008

  railogic wrote:

<<<However conscious effort is required to prevent crossing. This is is true
no matter which camp you belong to.
  In close embrace lead is not obvious, but in Dani's video you can see he
stubbornly retains his shoulder position (as if he was directly in front of her)
while walking on the right of women preventing the cross.
  I guess leaders from opposing 'lead or not to lead cross' camps do the
exactly the same thing...IMO...may be some exagarate the "lead" a bit more.>>>

I lead it and sometimes I don't lead it, so I am from both camps, but one way
of preventing the follower from crossing is fairly simple and does not have
to involve the upper body at all. I use my left foot to touch and slightly
displace her left so that it cannot cross in front of the right, but passes it and
keeps on walking in a straight line. Not so simple to explain but a very
simple and useful step when in doubt, or otherwise.

Charles