[Tango-L] Walking to the cross

Iron Logic railogic at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 12:53:19 EDT 2008

Ernest williams video does give an excellent insight to the "cross", if it is lead or not.
  As you can see the lead is essentially turning women's right shoulder away sightly, then heading straight.

  Now, when the man walks on the right of women this happens naturally("automatically"), NO effort is required...just try it with ANY good dancer.

  However conscious effort is required to prevent crossing. This is is true no matter which camp you belong to.
  In close embrace lead is not obvious, but in Dani's video you can see he stubbornly retains his shoulder position (as if he was directly in front of her) while walking on the right of women preventing the cross.
  I guess leaders from opposing 'lead or not to lead cross' camps do the exactly the same thing...IMO...may be some exagarate the "lead" a bit more.
  Cheers
IL

Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErmwG5IIe6k&feature=related (Dani "el flaco").

Earlier I had provided the following videos

Ernest williams the cross
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlrxF2DQTWE (he actively leads the cross), he is an excellent dancer.

Dani, "El flaco" whom I have seen dancing...like many other milongueros can dance in many different ways,
in the video you provided he starts with a salida without the cross, but later on, he dances like Oscar casas and the rest of us: