[Tango-L] Apology

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 11:25:35 EDT 2008

Mario:

Yes, indeed. Your post was a real shocker. But, why would you stop posting? I personally welcome your probing questions, your enthusiasm, and yes, you naivete at times. Just leave out the foul language and we are okay.

There is another point to be made about Astrid's observation, however. Not only is it that the feet are not "the only thing happening," but they are indeed happening (in social dancing) only to facilitate something else, which is the bodies which dance and move about - it is not the other way around. Consequently by focusing on the footwork, one who is not experienced can easily miss the whole dance.

When I teach and demonstrate something, either with a group or individually, I insist on folks paying attention to my torso (including my embrace) and my hipwork (is there such a word? like footwork?) and only secondarily to my legs and feet

seek, appreciate, and create beauty
this life is not a rehearsal