[Tango-L] Are they having as much fun dancing this as I am watching????

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 19:23:20 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com>
To: tango-l at mit.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2008 7:01:47 PM
Subject: [Tango-L] Are they having as much fun dancing this as I am watching????

 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJN1UKfMgI  O.K. this is my last post of the day...but once again

It is indeed a very nice dance and, in my opinion, it is not choreographed. And here is why I say that:

all, or the great majority of it is "leadable,"
some sequences are messy,
they know each other and have things in their own "bag of tricks" and so can quickly get into a practiced sequence on the spot.

Incidentally, while I do like Javier generally (don't have an opinion about Andrea), for my taste, his upper body is too stiff at all times. He rarely turns his head in the direction of the step (as Gavito does -- or did, peace be upon him -- all the time, for example). This makes the dance robot-like - perfect in execution, but with very little expression. Again, just my own preference.

...dubravko

seek, appreciate, and create beauty
   this life is not a rehearsal