[Tango-L] Not leading vs.leading the cross (Floyd Baker)

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Wed Apr 2 18:43:50 EDT 2008

I've been reading the many posts regarding the cross and want to put in a
few thoughts on the subject. I remember Orlando Paiva Jr. stating in classes
that the woman always crosses after 2 outside steps on her right. It's a
RULE in tango". I assume he learned this from his father.
That said, as a follower, I can quickly pick up if a leader expects this or not
and I adjust to those expectations. I prefer to be led to the cross or to do it
myself if it feels right and it doesn't interrupt the flow of the dance.

my 2cents,
Flame