[Tango-L] Where are her feet and where is her weight?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 17:18:01 EDT 2008

Last night, I did not dance well.  Certain 'mistakes' are starting to repeat
  themselves...ie: turning or stepping to my left when the woman's weight is
  on her right foot and I am not leading an ocho...ugh..I did that around three
  times in different dances..it makes for an ubrupt halt to the flow...duh.
  So, I'm thinking that I have gotten too loose and am letting my consciousness
  go wherever it feels like it...the music, the other dancers, etc. etc.. and so,
  I stumble into a mistake.
  My question is to the men and women who dance close embrace.
   I'd like to hear any feedback from women about being conscious of the lead's
   consciousness of her weight placement...anything at all would help.
  And I'd like to hear from the Men;  How do you keep the woman's weight/foot placement
  in front of your consciousness at all times? Do you keep reminding yourself of it?
  Have you found a way to incorporate it into the whole feel of your dance?
  Is there a trick to it that you've discovered?..Do you visualize it (without looking down)
  somehow??.. all comments appreciated..