[Tango-L] On similes and such like...

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Tue Apr 1 23:39:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:13:01 +0900, you wrote:

>>>"allow us to lead": OK: "responsibility for direction": OK; "decisions";
>>>OK. All nice and humble.
>>>But then we have ..."lift you up" and "free you so that you can ...". With
>>>all due rspect Mash,
>>>that doesn't sound very humble. How do you think it sounds to the ladies
>>>on this list who may
>>>be far better dancers than you with many more years of experience. And
>>>you're going to lift
>>>them up and free them. What is is it about Tango that makes regular,
>>>normal guys suddenly
>>>feel like mini-gods?
>>
>> No one has inferred mini-gods.., or anything even close..
>>
>> But leaders are needed.., else the ladies would be out there dancing
>> by themselves.  To whatever degree one 'accepts' it.., the ladies can
>> do nothing on the Tango floor without a leader.   Leaders 'invite' the
>> followers, or 'allow' them if you will, to the extent of the leaders
>> imagination and ability.., to move and dance to the limit of *their*
>> imagination and ability.   To be as free as they can and wish to be..,
>> but limited and governed by the leader's ability to bring it on.
>
>As a matter of fact, Floyd, Mash's posting sounded better to me than yours.
>I don't know how Mash dances but your choice of words (being "governed by
>the leader") proves that you are exactly what you just accused Mash of,
>feeling like a mini god. And dancing with guys who feel like God's gift to
>tango, in their own opinion, not the women's, is not as great as you think..

Some words do *grate* on some people don't they...  <g>
*Governors* FYI are various devices placed on trucks, trains, and
other moving things that limit their full potential.   Speed, gear
shitfing, breaking, and so on.

I'm saying.., and I thought I made it perfectly clear..,  that the
ladies are 'governed' (please read LIMITED), by their own ability
*after* being LIMITED by the leaders ability.

What DO you people want, anyway...?   :-/

>I, for one, do realise that, and dancing at a milonga with guys who behave
>as though they are at high school party, does not improve things at all.
>Like Huck said, they think, they "just have to roll up with their souped up
>car in front of the girl's house and she will come running downstairs,
>because she has been chosen over some other tramp..."

I suggest then that people work on straightening out particular
people, in person, as needed.   And not bring it here to the list to
people who do not deserve it.

Just a thought.., eh?

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *