[Tango-L] I'm starting to see the pauses

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 15:54:09 EDT 2008

>"So why  not teach followers the leads to follow instead of the 'move'
being led?" - Floyd

  This makes SOOOO MUCH sense to me! ..and that is why I quit taking
  classes...open embrace classes to be specific...they were basic correography
  classes..how to collude with your partner as she anticipates and back leads
  everything...in an oh-so-subtle way, of course.
  As I remember, there were three codes..
   1. woman crosses when the man takes two steps to outside right...and outside left??  nothing.
   2. Starting a sequence with a forward step, lead always goes with the left foot.
   3. Starting with a back step, lead always goes with the right.
  Lead was taught as a firm open frame. ...
  ..I decided to go with close embrace instead.
   ...I'm still trying to find someone to teach me to lead.