[Tango-L] traditional tango music

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 18:00:24 EDT 2007

Kushi_bushi wrote:

<after one more miserable practica, i am curious, am i the only person on
earth who finds much of the traditional tango music, whiney and uninspiring. >

Probably, but there might be a few others.

<personally, i find my self spending most of my time looking for a beat and
inspiration in what usually sounds to me like a "bag of cats being mistreated".
given my choice, i love dancing to gotan project, and some of the other
"nuevo" stuff, as well as some "non-traditional" music, more like west coast swing.
am i alone in this and should just stay home?>

You are not totally alone, but all of you should stay home.

<there is a possibility that the local d.j.'s and other selectors of music
just hate cats, or are tone deaf, or just play that crap just to get me to
leave.>

They are probably doing it to make you leave. I would. And I love cats.
It sounds like a conspiracy against you.

Are you sure it is tango you want to learn?

Cheers (and please don't move to New York),
Charles