[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Krasimir Stoyanov krasimir at krasimir.com
Sat Sep 22 18:15:04 EDT 2007

I agree with Igor, but what is resistance?
Should the follower forcefully resist? Or it is just the inertial
resistance, according to the physics?

I am convinced it is the inertia only, plus the desired constant force,
created from the slight leaning that is always recommended - but this is not
resistance by will. The follower is not resisting the movement, but by
simply walking correctly, it may feel like resistance, but it's mainly
inertial, and this helps keeping the good connection necessary.

And yes, slight leaning is desired even in open embrace, and this is not
limiting factor, it's a freeing one.