[Tango-L] what makes milonguero, milonguero

ceverett@ceverett.com ceverett at ceverett.com
Thu Sep 20 19:03:28 EDT 2007

In other words:

Draw a circle and label it "Salon", then draw a smaller circle
inside that, label that as "Close Embrace", then inside the
second circle draw a third you can finally label "Milonguero".

The Milonguero Circle is the set of limitations imposed by
accelerating decrepitude and dancing in tight quarters in
BA over the last 20 or so years.  Of course, there is the
additional set of circumstances that most new "Milonguero"
dancers ape the styles of the lucky few dancers that found
a style many of their partners enjoy or ended up in a movie.

For those of us with a bit more space and athletic ability
(mostly balance), we have more possibilities, and we should
use them to develop our own styles, inside the limitations
that the social norms of tango impose, of course.

Christopher