[Tango-L] Local Girl Makes Good

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Sun Sep 16 17:49:08 EDT 2007

How many of you dancing tango dream of moving to Buenos Aires?  How many
of you fantasize about becoming part of the tango community here? How
many of you dream of dancing professionally?

Personally I never had any of these fantasies.  I moved to Buenos Aires
permanently in 2004.  I moved from the Bay Area, selling everything I
owned.  I came here because I love the Argentine way of life.  I did not
come just for the tango.

In the 3 years I have lived here, I have established myself not only as
a member of the tango community but as an immigrant in Argentina.  If
you read my blog or you know me, then you know about my crazy life here.

Last week in the Clarin one of the two major newspapers in Argentina, I
was featured in an interview in the Sunday magazine Viva.  Tomorrow I
will be on the television program "Manana Veamos."  Sort of an Oprah
mixed with David Letterman and the Morning Show Argentine style.  They
will be interviewing me as someone who has come to Argentina and
integrated with the culture.  I have been asked to dance and to teach a
little bit of tango to the hosts of the show.  Imagine!  An American
teaching tango on Argentine television!

If you are coming to Buenos Aires, you might want to stay with me.  I
rent two rooms in my apartment.  I live in Palermo Viejo in a beautiful
apartment on the 17th floor.  Clean, spacious, with many extras.  You
get a cell phone, Argentine breakfast, maid service 3 times a week and
more.  Email me for rates and availability.  (info at lavidacondeby.com)

If you have a place to stay, but want help, I am here.  I have
accompanied many people  to my shoemaker, arranged lessons, translated,
taken groups to milongas, medical and dental appointments, and more.
Guys if you are coming alone and you need someone for private lessons,
to go to the milongas, myself and some of my friends do this.  (Unlike
most of the taxi dancers, we know how to dance, and we are very
professional.)  My rates are very reasonable.  I charge fairly - in
pesos - what Argentines charge each other.  For you guys it is very
cheap.  I also teach tango with Fernando Diaz.

Check out my blog and website.  My contact info is below.  You can
always call me.  There is a 4 hour time difference between California
and Buenos Aires.

Besos,

Deby