[Tango-L] Women dressed as men in tango

Konstantin Zahariev anfractuoso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 03:57:39 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> "The Magazine 'Caras y Caretas" in 1903 published a series of pictures
> showing men dancing in the street.

Right, I think this is the same series of five pictures of two men
doing tango poses (BTW there are other pictures of one of the men
dancing with a woman) that I mentioned - the notorious men-on-men
pictures that everyone interpreted. Too bad the 1905 man-woman
pictures were ignored, or earlier descriptions of man-woman dancing.

I feel bad, upon re-reading what I wrote earlier, that I am coming off
too agressive or irritated in this exchange. It wasn't my intent to
get into a fight. I will let you have the last word on this.

Good night,

Konstantin
Victoria, Canada