[Tango-L] Melina & Detlef

John Lowry john at lowry.com.au
Thu Sep 6 08:27:00 EDT 2007

Agreed, I too have admired this couple's dance for some time.  I'm
not enthusiastic about the "fashionable" embrace, where she hangs on
his shoulder, totally off her balance.  Nor am I enthusiastic about
his posture which is broken at the waist, leading to over-leaning and
crowding the lady. (He has never corrected this habit).   Note
(especially in the early part of the clip) where she is anticipating
the step (presumably because it's  semi-choreographed performance)
leading to some off-balance maneuvers.
Not exactly Osvaldo y Coca
But in total, not bad, and better than a lot.
:)
PS: I trust constructive appraisal of video clips is helpful.  Can we
see more please?