[Tango-L] Absolutely Professional Teaching Method

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Wed Sep 5 19:52:10 EDT 2007

Robin Tara writes:

> If I read an advertisement that says "absolutely professional",
> I pay very little attention to it, as most ads imply that.

     Similarly, if I go into a restaurant and anything
on the menu says, "grilled to perfection," I immediately
get up and walk out, because I know the food will be
eminently forgettable if the owner and/or Line Cook
Masquerading As A Chef is that tacky.  Unless, of course,
I'm stuck in some little podunk town like, say, Loveland,
Ohio, (not to pick on Ohio suburbia, but my sister just
happens to live there) and there's nothing but chain
restaurants that all say "grilled to perfection" on the
menus, in which case I've no choice but to just take my
lumps or starve.

Huck