[Tango-L] Melina & Detlef

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Tue Sep 4 22:58:01 EDT 2007

What I really liked about the second performance, is that they did absolutely NOTHING. No wild figures, no valcaldas, no colgaldas and they moved WITH the music. They took their time, in some cases waiting for the next measure of music. Too many times, I see couples dancing like wound up dolls or even worse, rabbits in heat.

I don't believe that Argentines are per se, the best teachers of tango. However, I believe that perhaps they may feel the music more than others because they understand the lyrics.

Michael
Washington, DC
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango