[Tango-L] Germans teaching Argentine tango in the USA

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Sep 4 00:11:37 EDT 2007

 Janis,

 If you have the opportununity to learn from Argentines, I would agree that it's crazy
 to learn Tango from Germans.

 However, if you live in America and only have access to American teachers, then what
 other choices do you have? I've never met Detlef and Melina or any of the American
 teachers. But, from the Internet, it's very easy to check on the qualiity of
 professional Tango dancers.

 There's no doubt in my mind that Argentines are, by far, the very best. But, from
 what I've seen and IMHO, Detlef and Melina are better than any of the Americans. So,
 if you can't go to Argentina and you can't get Argentines to come to you, importing
 Europeans would appear to be the 3rd best choice.

 Keith, HK

On Tue Sep  4  1:40 , "Janis Kenyon"  sent: