[Tango-L] Tango Creeps - A Question for Halloween

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Thu Oct 25 13:17:47 EDT 2007

I've always been taught that the woman determines the nature of the embrace.
The man simply opens his right arm and the woman completes the embrace. Whether
she takes an open or a close embrace - the man respects it. It's not uncommon
for a woman to start in an open embrace and, by the end of the tanda, the embrace
is close. There should never be any question of the man pulling in the woman or
of women ... "fighting like bucking broncos to break the embrace".

If the man doesn't like the woman's choice of embrace, he can simply choose not
to ask her to dance again.

Keith, HK

On Fri Oct 26  0:42 , "Tango Society of Central Illinois"  sent: