[Tango-L] Dancing with old guys

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:49:29 EDT 2007

> From: Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
>
> The great thing about tango is that it is a dance of the people. I don't think you need talent. In my opinion you do need to:
> 1. embrace with seriousness and tenderness,
> 2. be inventive and creative in the framework of the music, and
> 3. dance with passion (in other words commit some emotion to it rather than just walking through a routine).
> If you do those things then in my opinion, it doesn't matter if you are an absolute beginner who only knows how to walk or a trained classical dancer that can execute 12 pivots on the spot. Either way you are going to be having a beautiful dance.
>
> Victor Bennetts

Dear Victor,

You are right about the 3 items you list, but although I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I must tell you that there is a huge difference between a talented, experienced dancer and even the most "passionate" beginner. And yes, it does matter..... Nothing wrong with feelings and passion, but you simply cannot dismiss and devalue skill, musicality and experience.

Cheers,

Manuel