[Tango-L] taxi dancers

El Mundo del Tango mail at elmundodeltango.com
Mon Oct 15 17:07:16 EDT 2007

Traditional Tango is both in open and close embrace,(V-shaped) constantly
switching between the two. The only "style" danced permanently in close
embrace(squarre) is the so called "milonguero style" , which is not
"milonguero" or "traditional" at all. It was created in the sixties and
golden age milongueros never danced it.Quite the contrary,they despise it
and called it "Caquero" or "Petitero".

Buenos Aires is a very large and diverse city. Open embrace, Salon and Nuevo
are indeed danced in many places and there is nothing foreign about them..
It all depends who you ask, where you go, when you go, with whom, the music
, floor conditions and your partner.
Back sacadas are beautifull and perfectly social if you know how to do them
and moment is right.
To argue against them only shows your own limitations and your zeal to pass
them on to your students.
In the U.S, in Buenos Aires and in Jupiter

Gabriel