[Tango-L] taxi dancers

Maria de los Angeles Olivera ma_olivera at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Oct 15 11:56:51 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

  What happens in Buenos Aires is that no good dancer (either man or woman) will dance with somebody that she/he haven't seen dancing before. That means that if you want to be invited to dance at a milonga without renting a Taxi dancer, you should go to a class first (many milongas have classes before the ball) so as to meet some people who is going to stay afterwards. This is a good way to be sure that somebody will ask you to dance/ accept your invitation.

  Best,

  María

Crrtango at aol.com escribió:
  My apologies,

I just noticed that part of the quoted phrase was deleted from my posting.
The phrase was "... it its really difficult to get dances initially in
BsAs...typically if you are not well known by the local dancers."

Charles