[Tango-L] How to foster sustainable and unified communities.

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 11:47:38 EDT 2007

I'd say that the sender is showing his/her insecurities.  I
would think that anyone who has worked hard to build a
tango community should be confident enough in his/her work
that it would stand up on its own.  In my opinion, this
sender is only hurting himself.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Amaury de Siqueira <amaurycdsf at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>

> The following email show the exchange among dancers in
> anAmerican city.  I have anonymzed clues in the message
> that could identifypeople and places to avoid further
> dissention.
>

> My question are for the veterans that have spent yearsand
> great effort creating sustainable and unified
> communities.  How can weas a group continue to thrive
> when dancers have such blunt disrespect for others?
>

> I ask this question to the list for a simple reason:
> thecontent of the message below indicates problems that
> could deeply divide andhurt a community?
>

> I don’t think this problem is unique to oneplace.
> On the contrary such blunt animosity may very well be the
> normrather than exception.
>

> Constructive comments anyone?
>

> Respectfully,
>
> Amaury

> One last time for those who may be "sitting on thefence"
> so to speak  ...
>

> This weekend, I am offering a series of 5 classes
> whichare tailored for  the tango communities in and
> around xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>

> Some people are tempted by the workshops of xxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxand xxxxxxxx  xxxxx, which happen to be in part
> coinciding with myclasses. You can  see all the details
> of that program, as it was posted onseveral yahoo
> groups, which I copy for you for easy reference, at
> thebottom of my  email here.

etc

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/