[Tango-L] Skilled women [was: buenos aires milongas]

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:20:08 EDT 2007

There are women who take relatively few lessons and go directly into teaching!! The same is true for some guys... It's actually remarkable that so many people actually stop improving their dance and actually get worse and yet continue to go to milongas and get mad when they don't get asked to dance.....

The best dancers are continually practicing and improving. Interestingly enough, the better dancers are the ones more likely to participate in workshops, lessons, etc. It makes perfect sense that the ones who dance less well are the ones who avoid taking classes or attending workshops. Sure, some guys and women do get better or at least stay sharp by going to a lot milongas. However, they were pretty good to begin with and since they dance a lot, they improve or maintain their dance level.

The ones who are mediocre to bad, go to no classes or practicas and fewer milongas. It's no surprise that they don't get to dance as much as they'd like. It then become a vicious cycle. They less they get to dance, the worse they get and the less they get to dance... Frankly, it's actually physically painful to dance with some people. I avoid dancing with them because after a night of wrestling with them on the pista, I'm actually sore and need chiropractic adjustments ;-)

Cheers,

Manuel

visit our webpage
www.tango-rio.com