[Tango-L] retaining men

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 12:04:24 EDT 2007

But, Ron, do you end up with more women in the higher level
classes than men?  That tends to be our problem.  And, of
course, the problem of women in higher level classes who
should really be in beginning classes.

What seems to work for us is to keep our classes small (3-6
couples) and work toward a 100% participation in community
events.   And there's less of a problem in inviting
gender-balancers.  In larger classes (over 20 people), it's
much more difficult for us to bond with the students, so .

What have been others' experiences with big versus small
class sizes and getting people to become active in their
communities as opposed to just taking classes?

Trini de Pittsburgh

> Ron wrote:
>
> > Now we mix more experienced men and women in our
> beginner classes. Our
> > rentention rate for women has improved substantially
> ... The women
> > love dancing with the experienced men. The experienced
> men
> > are attracting more women to higher level classes and
> milongas.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/