[Tango-L] The Jungle and Women's Tricky Tricks

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 18:21:19 EDT 2007

--- Carol Shepherd <arborlaw at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hey, sometimes our feet *are* sore and we really need to
> rest!  Have you
> ever worn tango shoes? ;)

Agreed!  At least around here, folks know that I'm up on my
feet for 6-8 hours just before I go to a milonga, so they
know I mean it when I say I'm resting.  No point in giving
them a bad dance because I'm tired.

> Another problem -- I do want to dance with a guy, but not
> a milonga, I would rather dance a tango.  I say, "Can we
not dance to this, but dance to a tango instead?"  They
walk away, and don't come back, because they feel rejected.
 Can I go over to them and ask them to dance the tango? I
don't think so.  How can I reconnect in that situation as
well.

Try being more specific - the next tango, the next DiSarli,
the next vals.  If he agrees to the "date" but doesn't make
it, then he's the one being rude.  If it's a small milonga,
you can usually check with the deejay.

If you're cognizant about whether you can dance milonga
with him, then you should be able to recognize whether he's
better with slower tempo or faster tempo music.  And if
it's at a regular milonga, then see if you can make it a
habit.  A friend of mine unintentionally did that to me.
After awhile I grew accustomed to waiting for him when
Pugliese started playing.  Like Pavlov's dog, I suppose.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/